Brewing your tea leaves in hot water to create a calming BRUU is about as good as it gets. But we're always on the lookout for different ways to use our flavorsome teas and with today being National Biscuit Day, we decided to put the two together.
"Biscuits made from tea leaves?" we hear you cry.
But trust us, they're a scrumptious treat which always go down a hit with the team here at BRUU.
What you will need:
Serves: 5 / Preparation time: 10 mins / Cooking time: 25 mins
- Tablespoon tea leaves (your choice but we love ours with Diamond Black or Biscotti)
- 100g (4 oz) butter
- 50g (2 oz) caster sugar
- Few drops of vanilla extract
- 175g (6 oz) plain flour
- Drop of olive oil
1. Preheat your oven to 150 C / Gas 2.
2. Heat a frying pan to medium, add a drop of oil then put in the tea leaves and toast for 60 seconds.
3. In a food processor, pulse together the flour and toasted tea leaves until the tea is just spotted throughout the flour.
4. Add butter and sugar in a bowl and mix well until light and fluffy.
5. Add the vanilla, mix, then add the flour and tea mixture and mix well.
6. Roll out to about 5mm. Cut into shapes.
7. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
How easy is that?! In no time you'll have a wonderful batch of biscuits made using tea leaves. We find fragrant teas work best, like Jasmine or Earl Greys as well as sweet teas like our Rooibos Crème BRUUee and Chococo Black. For a spicy festive biscuit use a Chai tea.
Let us know how your BRUU biscuits turn out. Happy National Biscuit Day.