Tea is really good for your health and therefore the perfect drink that we can all turn too in a time of crisis. Next to every emergency should be a constant supply of tea.
Now, we would like to make one thing clear, tea will not cure the coronavirus. But certain teas can help your immune system fight infection faster and that can only be a good thing! So here is why we think tea is good for you during the Coronavirus…
1) Tea is filled with antioxidants which can help reduce the risk of heart disease and some cancers. They are not concrete blockers and in parts, the research is very mixed, but, anything that gives you a health boost is a good thing right now.
2) Tea also helps your body fight free radicals. We already have things in our body fighting these but, tea supplies your body with extra defence. Yes please!
3) Green tea has been found to improve bone mineral density and strength. This is very important. If you get the virus and feel worn down afterwards, this can help rebuild your strength faster.
4) Tea can help keep that waistline in cheek. Many fitness drinks contain additives from tea, including caffeine, which can help your body burn fat faster. Just what we need during this time of lockdown, when some of us will be less active.
5) But surely the biggest benefit of tea is its ability to comfort us in our hour of need. “Shall I put the kettle on” seems to follow any bad news. It also brings us together, to talk and connect, which will have amazing benefits for your mental health.
Make sure you have a mug filled with tea, the fresher the better because it will pack a bigger punch in delivering the benefits to your health. From all of us at BRUU, please stay healthy and stay safe. Keep BRUUing.
Discover better tasting tea every month