Although our blogs are a small contribution to the world of Mental Health Awareness, it’s a contribution nonetheless. We are a small team here at BRUU, and we treat each other as family, but sharing some of our stories of our experience with our own Mental Health has brought us even closer.
We cannot put enough emphasis on the power of talking. We hope we have inspired some of you to open up, if you are struggling...
YOU ARE NOT ALONE.
Likewise, if you have noticed someone close to you withdraw themselves, or can see them struggling, put the kettle on and ask if they want a BRUU, offer to listen.
We are a nation of tea drinkers, so go on, put the kettle on, and make a BRUU… it might help someone more than you might know.
Please see the helplines below if you need help, and if you can’t get through… just call us, we are always happy to chat!
Where to go if you need help
If you, or someone you know, is struggling, there are a number of charities here to help.
- The Samaritans are open 24 hours a day. Call 116 123 or email email@example.com
- The Campaign Against Living Miserably (CALM) offers support to men. Call 0800 58 58 58 between 17:00 and 00:00 everyday
- Papyrus helps people under 35. Call 0800 068 41 41 - Monday to Friday 10am to 10pm, weekends 2pm to 10pm, bank holidays 2pm to 5pm - or text 07786 209697
- Childline is available for children and young people under 19. Call 0800 1111 - the number will not show up on your bill
- The Silver Line helps older people. Call 0800 4 70 80 90